Saturday 21 June 2008

So how did I get here?

About four years ago I bought a 1967 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2l (following a 1955 Standard 8, and a 1983 Fiat 126 FSM - both abandoned projects). It was a bit scruffy, but cheap and I had great plans to restore it.
It looks great dosn't it? However this is a year after I sold it and the new owner had spent over £3000 on it!!!

I had to sell the car when redundancy struck, but I have always hankered after another one. I have dreams of a gleaming white vitesse, lowered, slot mags, twin sports exhaust - being thrown around country lanes in the sun.

So what do you do....? Well, I spent £650 on a car (unseen apart from a few pictures) with 1 weeks MOT, a rotten rear tub (removed from the car) based in Southampton. I live in Lincoln. What else?

Wensley transport delivered the car for a very reasonable £225 on only 2 days notice - see the testimonial written by me - and BLU was set-up in his new home. That was only a week ago and nothing has happened since!

So, so far I've got a car and lan to do something to it. I will keep you updated on what happens as I do it....

No comments: