Saturday 5 July 2008

First Inspection

Yesterday, I rolled the Vitesse back out into the sunshine following a few weeks being forgotten about in the garage. It gave me a chance to look through the parts that came with the car, and finally take a good look at the state of the bodywork.


As I prodded and poked a bit more, it became obvious that the rear tub was beyond anything my skills could achieve. I have posted a message on the TSSC website for inspiration.





In the end, I decided to start stripping the car down, salvaging anything that might be worth holding onto and discarding anything broken, bent or completely rusted. I will post pictures of the stripdown in my next post.

I also took a flying visit to Triumphland in Doncaster on the off-chance he had something in his yard. Two bulkheads in the same condition as mine for £120, and a rotten tub - almost as bad as mine. The search for the holy grail of a pefect and primered (dreaming again) rear tub has started....

No comments: