Saturday 30 January 2010

Underseal Blues...

I can't believe it's been five months since my last post!

Work and volunteer commitments, combined with cold weather and a general lack of enthusiasm has meant that little has been done. It's taken roughly two hours for every bolt to be coaxed out, and a lack of garage time has meant that this work has taken months.

A couple of times I looked at alternative cars on eBay and considered selling Blu for parts - although nothing really appealed as much as a Vitesse - and nice ones are still a bit pricey (I'm still earning 50% less than a year ago).

Finally, all the bolts have been removed, and I have spent a couple of hours removing underseal and seeing just how bad it really is.


Once I've got the flakey and oily bits removed - I'm looking to get it sand blasted and have contacted a couple of local companies to get prices etc.

So, with a bit of luck, it should be ready for welding in the next few weeks and then the rebuild can commence! Hurah!

(lets hope it doesn't take another five months to progress further)

No comments: