Saturday 22 August 2009

Great Mates!

I've discovered the best tool for restoring a Triumph Vitesse - great mates who know what they're doing!!!

(Perhaps tool wasn't the best word to use).

Firstly, fellow Lincs TSSC member Keith went at least 40 miles out of his way to collect an engine crane from Garth's house and drop it by mine.

And then Garth, who's herald I've "stolen" for the summer - which is a pretty awesome thing to let happen - came round today to 'give me a hand' with the Vitesse.

Well, he laughed as I couldn't work out how to use a spanner (don't ask) but also got the project moving on loads. I'm probably about where most people are after a weekend - and it's taken me well over a year...

Firstlty the engine is now out of the car.

And the chassis is almost clear. One driveshaft and the diff have seized bolts that'll need a little attention to remove (I'm borrowing Garth's compressor and air saw next week - see great mates is all you need).

However, turning the chassis over has shown a few horrors such as a (now bent) front rail with a nice hole through it.

Then there's the completely holed driver main chassis rail towards the diff.

And more holes on the other side.


So, once I've used Garth's herald to go to Stamford and Thoresby classic car shows next week, I'll use his compressor and air saw to remove the diff. Following a clean-up of the chassis, I'll then be inviting Garth and Tony to come round and enjoy a spot of welding.

I'll just fetch beer and bring pies :-)

(and if anyone saw the new Lincs TSSC Area organiser looking worse for wear on the Saturday night at Stafford - it wasn't me!)

No comments: