Sunday 19 October 2008

Dash removal

Now it's time to start getting ready to remove the bulkhead so that it can be replaced with the lovely new one I got from Clive in Brighton.


Once the battery was removed, I managed to remove the dash carefully photographing the connections as I went (I hope they'll make sense later on). For now I have reconnected everything as was - so that I can label them later this week. I did end up with six unknown wires in a lovely lilac shade - hopefully I can find out what they're for!!!

I'm seriously thinking of replacing the entire loom - but we shall see. I'll contact AutoSparks in Notts to see how many £££s it will be.

Before...


After...


I'll finish removing the electrics and then start removing anything else from the bulkead such as wipers, heater matrix etc. I'm hoping I can leave everything lent on the engine whilst the swap takes place. Should only be the steering column that I'll need to remove (hopefully).

So, progress at last!


I'm now also considering painting all of the wood rather than replacing it with varnish etc. Probably paint it body colour - the wood just looks too 'old duffer' for me. This could be a decision that I later regret!!!

No comments: