Thursday 2 October 2008

Red Backside!

Well we survived the trip to Brighton. Luckily the chap I bought the tub and bulkhead from was more prepared than I was and rigged up the body parts in the back of the van as I managed to turn up without anything! Huge thanks to Clive for helping us out.
#
So I now have a new rear tub, which I have already sat on the car - and it looks spot on.



The bulkhead is a minter too...


I paid £360 for both, which is a bargain when you consider the cost of repair panels or someone to have performed the welding.

Hopefully this weekend I can get the dash out of the car and start to contemplate removing the existing bulkhead. Then it's chassis time before paint and reassembly.

The old rear tub will be going on eBay tonight. Anyone know anyone that needs a rusty lump of Triumph.....???

No comments: